Ladies if you thought eating a bar of chocolate can satisfy your sweet tooth, then wait until you see what it can do for your skin with this easy 2-ingredient Chocolate Facial Recipe you can make at home. This means you have the perfect excuse not only to eat chocolate, but to wear chocolate.
Pamper and embrace your inner cocoa-addict with this rich do it your self-recipes that will have you feeling (and smelling) fabulous. And of, I do recommend that you eat just as much chocolate as you put on your body, but I’m no health expert.
Whether you’re a fan of white chocolate, dark chocolate, or anything in between, these recipes are for you. There are so many different chocolatey possibilities, it only makes sense to sneak some into your beauty routine for the day (or everyday) too.
I was shocked when I learned that chocolate is consider a “superfood.” Does that even sound normal Ladies? When I think of superfoods, only fruits and veggies come to mind not chocolate.
Chocolate in its lower sugar incarnations. Cacao contributes to heart heath, reduces stress levels, and even protects your skin from the sun. It gets even better, you can snag some of these benefits by using chocolate-infused beauty ingredients, meaning that you don’t have to eat a bite (but please don’t let that stop you if you’re a cocoa fan). However, I think you get the same benefits if you make your own chocolate beauty product, plus you get to save some money and can buy some more chocolate!
Chocolate Facial Recipe
A chocolate facial will not only enhance your complexion but also ensure that your skin is healthy and glowing in the long run.
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 2 tablespoons Dark Cocoa Powder
- Using a small microwave safe bowl, soften coconut oil in microwave for about 5-6 seconds.
- Add cocoa powder and stir until well combined. Continue stirring until creamy.
- Apply to face with brush or fingers. Let sit 15-20 minutes. Rinse off with warm wet cloth.
Here is another recipe to try using chocolate yum yum!
Why is this Chocolate Facial good for you?
- Chocolate is a great mood booster. Its scent and properties elevate levels of serotonin, a natural antidepressant. Chocolate produces endorphins in the brain that can create feelings of happiness. This also helps us reduce stress. The tiniest smell of chocolate can have a calming effect. Now that is neat, right ladies?
- Cocoa powder is a wondrous and mighty antioxidant. It protects and frees the skin from free radicals, that cause significant damage to skin layers. I knew there was a good reason to LOVE chocolate!
- Honey is a great anti-bacterial agent, deeply cleanses your skin, and opens clogged pores.
Now that you know all these benefits a chocolate facial, you can make your own chocolate face mask recipe and aid to your skins youthful look and nourishment.
Vegan Chocolate Face Mask
Here is an all-natural facial vegan mask made with chocolate and every day ingredients you probably already have in your pantry.
This mask is ideal for normal to dry skin.
- 3 tablespoons kaolin clay
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- A few drops of well-stirred full-fat coconut milk
- Mix clay, cocoa and coconut milk in a small bowl. The mixture should be like a paste so adjust the drops of coconut milk to make a spreadable consistency.
- Cleanse your face with a gentle moisturizer and remove all make-up.
- Fill your sink with hot steaming water and place a towel over your head and the sink to steam your pores.
- Spread mask over your face and neck. Leave mask on for 20 minutes then rinse off with warm water.
Thankfully, nature provided us with lots of effective alternatives for healthy skin that are gentle, cruelty free and vegan.
Ladies, twice a week pamper yourself with a face mask to help rejuvenate your skin and keep it nourished, acne free and smooth.
And remember, Your Win, Happy Skin! The world’s freshest beauty products.
Be sure to join our hashtag revolution: #organic #bespoke #cruelty-free
Chocolate Comes from cocoa, which is a tree, that makes it a plant. Chocolate is a salad.- Author Unknown
Feedspot has ranked AlpStories 39th among the 100 best skin care blogs in the world 2018 to follow!